Do you ever wonder why collagen is so essential for maintaining good health? Check out our list of quick facts and stats about collagen.
Collagen supplements like multi-collagen powder have gained a lot of attention in the health and wellness community, all thanks to the growing number of consumers who rave about the fantastic benefits of taking collagen. But how exactly does it work or help your body? Who should take collagen powder and other forms of collagen? Get answers to all your questions with our comprehensive list of facts and statistics on collagen.
#1. Collagen Comprises 90 percent of Your Body Proteins
Did you know that protein makes up 15 percent of the average weight of a human body? It is the primary building block of various tissues, including your muscles, bones, and skin. You can also find it as a critical component of chemicals used to transform nutrients into a usable and easy-to-absorb form.
Interestingly, collagen accounts for a third of the total amount of your body’s protein content. That’s because it performs essential functions such as:
- Keeping the skin elastic and healthy
- Holding various body parts together
- Providing body strength and structure
- Improving blood clotting time
- Maintaining the healthy growth of your nails and hair
- Supporting the cornea structure
- Protecting your digestive system from damage
Collagen naturally forms in the fibroblasts, a type of cell found in connective tissues like your joints, fat tissues, bones, cartilages, lymph, and blood.
#2. You Have More than 20 Types of Collagen
People automatically think of the skin when hearing about collagen. But, in truth, this vital life molecule comprises various parts of the body. This is because the body has at least 20 types of collagen. Some of the most well-known types include the following:
- Type I – It accounts for about 90 percent of the collagen found in your body. You can find it in almost every connective tissue except for cartilaginous tissue.
- Type II - The second type is present in your cartilage, vitreous humor, and cornea. Each Type II molecule comprises two types of collagen.
- Type III – The blood vessels and blood contain the third type of collagen. It shares several structural similarities with the first type.
- Type IV – Each cell membrane stems from the Type IV collagen. Studies also investigate its role in managing risks for cancer.
- Type V –Type V collagen plays a significant role in maintaining the bone matrix and the interstitial layer of the placenta, lungs, muscles, and liver.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below.
#3. Collagen Quality Declines Over Time
So now you might be wondering, “why do I need to take multi collagen powder when my body can produce collagen?” Studies explain that the structure of our collagen changes as a person grows older. The natural rigid structure gradually unravels, so you experience problems like sagging skin and become vulnerable to developing joint injuries.
Significant changes to your body’s collagen fibers can start as soon as you hit 20 years old. Production of this precious life-building block also slows down by around one percent when you reach 30. Certain factors can also speed up the degradation process. Some examples of these include lifestyle choices and pre-existing health problems such as atopic dermatitis and osteogenesis imperfecta.
#4. Collagen Can Weaken Due to Poor Lifestyle Choices
Besides aging, poor lifestyle choices also contribute to the rapid decline of collagen production. Here’s a closer look at things you need to avoid to ensure the quality of your collagen structure:
- Smoking: Smoking can deplete oxygen in various connective tissues and cause permanent damage. It can also lead to premature wrinkling of the skin.
- Eating inflammation-causing food: Food products that cause body inflammation, such as sugary treats, pose a significant threat to your body’s natural collagen production. We strongly recommend steering clear from these and sticking to anti-inflammatory products.
- Getting excessive sun exposure: Several studies explain that UV rays from the sun can affect your body's collagen structure in various ways, including DNA damage and oxidative stress.
- Failing to manage your stressors: Stress, in any form, can trigger an inflammatory response. Unfortunately, inflammation can hamper collagen production. Finding a way to the main reasons behind your stress and anxiety can make a significant difference in your life and the quality of collagen layers that you have.
#5. Multi Collagen Powder Can Help Supplement Natural Collagen Production
As we have mentioned above, collagen production slows down at some point. The quality of the existing collagen in the body can also decline because of aging and other risk factors. Fortunately, you can help the body cope with these issues by taking supplements like the multi collagen powder.
A multi collagen protein powder contains the perfect balance of collagen molecules that your body needs. It comes with hydrolyzed components from animal bones and fish scales to speed up cell absorption and ensure that the powder dissolves in cold and hot liquids.
This type of collagen supplement has become the go-to choice of many health enthusiasts today because they can easily combine it with their everyday food or drinks. For example, you can add one scoop to your protein smoothie, warm soups, or creamy desserts. It also offers a ton of benefits to consumers, such as:
- Better connective tissues health so you can improve body structure support
- Lesser risks for damaged or leaky gut or other digestive issues
- Confidence boost thanks to its ability to restore the youthful glow of the skin, hair, and nails
The best part about this health product is that you can readily source it here at our shop. Grab your Warrior Strong Wellness Multi Collagen Powder today, so you can start experiencing renewed health.
WSL365 Video Course "How to Strengthen Your Inner Warrior, Squash Self-Sabotage, Love Your Body and Live the Life of Your Wellness Dreams"Begin the WSL365 Course Today!
Share this post
- Tags: Body Proteins, Category_Health, collagen, collagen powder, Collagen Quality, collagen supplements, good health, Multi-Collagen Powder, Natural Collagen Production, Poor Lifestyle Choices, types of collagen