Finding an attainable workout routine to pair with the best collagen powder for weight loss may seem like an impossible feat. After all, most workout exercises seem to eat up a large chunk of time and require special equipment like a treadmill, bench press, or barbell set. Thankfully, with HIIT workout exercises, you don’t worry about these things.
As the name implies, High-Intensity Interval Training involves doing intense exercises in short periods. It’s the perfect solution for anyone who doesn’t get enough exercise each day because of work commitment, chores (like taking care of kids), personal errands, and more.
Moreover, HIIT exercises provide several health benefits, including burning many calories, increasing your body's metabolism, toning your muscles, and improving blood pressure and heart rate.
Without further adieu, here are the top 8 HIIT workouts you should include in your routine to boost your weight loss efforts.
#1. Toe Tap
Don’t let the simplicity of toe taps fool you! Most of the time, toe taps serve as a warm-up or conditioning exercise. But, with a slight adjustment, it can quickly turn to a powerful heart-racing HIIT workout exercise that targets your lower body muscles and burns excess calories in the body. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Place a box or step (make sure it’s about one foot high) in front of you.
- Raise one of your legs on the box or step and tap it with your foot.
- Rest your foot on the floor and do the same movement for the other leg.
- Continue doing the exercise for at least 30 to 45 seconds.
Burpees are an excellent exercise to do when you’re taking the best collagen powder for weight loss. That’s because it’s a calisthenic and weight loss exercise that aims to provide you with improved mobility and reduced risk for injuries. Essentially, burpees consist of two parts – a push-up and a quick leap. Here’s the easiest way you can do a burpee:
- Start the routine in a squatting position with your back straightened, feet apart, and knees bent.
- Place your hands on the flooring and kick your feet back to assume a planking position .
- Do one count of push-up.
- Do a quick frog kick by leaping back to your original squat position.
- Stand up and jump with your arms raised
- Repeat for two rounds or around 30 seconds
#3. Plank Jacks
Planking is a popular exercise thanks to its fantastic benefits, like core strengthening and body posture improvement. If you love doing planking exercises, you will surely like plank jacks too. Essentially, it’s a modified and more exciting version of planking. It offers the same benefits plus increases your heart rate, which makes it a calorie-burning activity. Follow the steps below to do plank jacks:
- Kneel on the floor with your hands and upper arms rested, and the elbows bent.
- Flex your legs, squeeze your glutes and position the pelvis perpendicular to the flooring.
- Once you assume a proper planking position, you can begin doing a jumping jack movement.
- Ensure land on your toes when you hop and set your knees apart.
- Repeat the movement for up to 45 seconds.
#4. Walking Lunges
Walking lunges make an excellent addition to your HIIT workout as they help boost flexibility and loosen up sore muscles like the hamstrings. When done right, walking lunges can also improve your balance and posture. To do the walking lunge exercise, follow these steps:
- Stand straight with your two feet apart.
- Take a step forward with your left leg, lower your hips and bend your knees.
- Return to your original standing position and repeat the movement on the right leg.
- Repeat the exercise for up to 45 seconds.
#5. Squat Jumps
If you’re looking for a superb way to tone your lower abs, leg muscles, and glutes, you should include squat jumps or jump squats in your exercise routine. Here’s how you can do it properly:
- Stand straight with your feet apart, shoulders relaxed, and your hands placed to your side.
- Bend your knees to push out your buttocks and lean your upper body forward.
- Put your hands together as you complete the squatting position.
- While you get up, push your body upwards, jump and push your hands down with a bit of force.
- After your feet lands, you can squat down and bring your hands together.
- Repeat the routine up 15 times.
#6. Mountain Climber
The mountain climber exercise targets your core and helps you trim down excess belly fat. It’s a compound exercise that puts several muscle groups to work, so besides helping you reveal your abs, it can strengthen your back, core, arms, shoulders, and legs. Here’s how you should do the mountain climber routine:
- Assume a planking position and make sure that you equally distribute your weight between your upper and lower extremities.
- See to it that you have a good form to avoid injuries.
- Bring your right knee to your chest.
- Do the same movement for the other leg while you pull your right knee out.
- Inhale and exhale while you move each knee.
#7. Russian Twists
Russian Twists are a must if you’re aiming to strengthen your core, tone your shoulders, and get rid of your love handles. It also comes in handy in improving your posture and balance. Here’s how you can do this exercise:
- You will need to sit on your sitz bone, with your two feet pressed on the floor.
- Position your spine at 45-degrees to create a V-shape with your thighs and torso.
- Once you’re in position, reach your arms in front and clasp your hands together.
- Gently twist to the left, the center of your body, and the right side.
- Repeat the routine until you complete 30 seconds.
For an advanced variation of this exercise, you can lift your feet and twist the body. You can also carry weights like a bottle of water while you do the twists.
#8. Seated Knee Tucks
This type of HIIT exercise is a plyometric workout, which means it’s suitable for building muscle power. It’s also helpful in boosting your endurance and strength. To do this, you will need to:
- Sit on the floor and put your hands roughly one inch behind your back.
- Lift your feet and flex your legs as you lower the rest of your body.
- Pull your legs back to reach your chest and prepare to start the routine all over.
- Do the exercise for about 30 seconds max.
Amplify Your Efforts With the Best Collagen Powder for Weight Loss Bundle
Knowing a thing or two about the efficient HIIT exercises to use for weight loss and improving overall fitness is indeed life-changing. If you’re busy trying to juggle several chores at a time or if you have a hard time finding a routine that works, creating your own HIIT workout may deliver the results, you want.
Besides a good HIIT workout routine, you might also want to consider adding the best collagen powder for weight loss to your health plan. It’s a nutrient-packed food supplement that will help you get the vitamins, minerals, and proteins that you need without the excess carbs. It also makes a fantastic after-workout treat as it helps the body recuperate from muscle strain and even injuries.
A scoop of collagen powder a day can also help you address collagen deficiency signs such as stiff tendons, joint pain, weakened muscles, and sagging skin.
Shop for the Ultimate Wellness and Anti-Inflammatory Immunity Bundle today to get more than the best collagen powder for weight loss! The package includes the following:
- Bone Broth & Collagen Powder
- Multi-Collagen Powder
- Organic Ashwagandha Capsules
- Organic Superfood Powder
- Healthy Gut Healthy Life Ebook
- Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle Ebook
- FREE Warrior Strong Frother
You can also check out our blog for more information on the benefits and uses of the best collagen powder for weight loss.