Wouldn’t we trade anything to stay young forever? But none of us can escape old age because aging is inevitable.
“Aging is a fact, looking your age is not”- Howard Mo
Would you believe us, if we told you that you could be 40 going on 24?
Look and feel younger with these tips:
This is the most basic requirement when it comes to replenishing your skin and feeling youthful again!
Plant rich diet: A plant-rich diet with a lot of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains is key to feeling healthier, happier and younger-looking. These foods improve the absorption of phytonutrients that prevent damage of free radicals.
Protein intake: You also need a good amount of protein to keep your skin looking radiant. Collagen is an essential protein that accounts for the structure of your skin and your body requires proteins to readily produce collagen. For this, you need to consume small amounts of high-quality protein at every meal. Consider including Greek yogurt or a pure bone broth protein powder shake for breakfast, beans or peas for lunch and fish or poultry options for dinner. The right quantity of protein is essential for skin repair and rejuvenation.
Consume more fats: The healthy kind of fat, that is! Omega-3 fatty acids commonly found in fish, nuts, and seeds have been found to slow down the process of aging. The Telomere shortening is a biological process that causes the age-related break down of cells and it is believed that healthy fats such as the ones mentioned earlier are capable of slowing down this process. Good fats are also known to protect your skin from anti-aging effects such as UV damage, damage to free radicals, break down of collagen and inflammation. So don’t forget to include the good fats in your meal plans!
- Cut down on your caffeine and alcohol - Consumption of alcohol and caffeine in excess can get your body dehydrated and can take a toll on your skin and health as well. The more you consume these beverages and drinks the more dehydrated you get. This draws out all your vital nutrients, leaving you with dull complexion and dry skin and a flushed appearance. Try herbal teas instead, these help boost metabolism and improves your health making you feel good inside out.
- De-stress - Stress is one of the biggest factors that drags you downhill. Take a break from everyday routine to rejuvenate your mind and body. This helps recharge your batteries and you feel pumped! A weekend road trip with your friends or loved ones could do the job. A nice spa session could work its magic too. Grab your favorite book and leave the world behind or even better, give yourself a makeover, once in a while to look and feel like a better version of yourself. For a more effective way to relieve stress, try organic ashwagandha capsules, they are highly effective stress busters…. Whatever you do, just leave your stress behind!
- Follow a good skincare regimen - If you want to look younger you’ve got to work for it. A good skin care regimen is what you need. Talk to a dermatologist about your skin type and the products you can use. We would suggest you use organic products with naturally sourced ingredients, this way you don’t have to fret about harmful chemicals! Cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize and treat skin problems, if need be. A good skin care routine helps your skin retain its elasticity while giving you radiant looking younger skin.
- Use supplements - As you age, your body begins to lose its ability to produce and replenish vital minerals and other essential components. For this reason, it is important that you consider taking nutritional supplements that helps your body catch up with all that is lost. Superfood protein powder supplement could be what your diet requires to cover up your nutritional deficiencies so you can power through the day. Anti-aging and beauty supplements could also be helpful in replenishing the deficit vital nutrients your body requires to look and feel young.
- Exercise or meditate - You have to get off the couch! All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... This isn’t just for your kids! Follow an exercise routine because physical activity helps increase blood flow, improves the thought process and is essential for overall well-being. This also helps you feel energized and improves your posture. Moreover, meditating helps you calm your mind, improves your mood and helps you stay on top of things.
Don’t wait for the right time, your path to feeling younger and happier is right before you… start NOW!