Collagen peptide protein powder has many uses when it comes to health and beauty. You can use it to help you put on lean muscle, improve the quality of your hair and nails, take fine lines and wrinkles out of your skin, heal leaky gut, improve your joint health, and more! The immune system benefits of collagen are well-documented, and there are many reasons that this protein is one of the most important ones for your body.
However, you may wonder how you can maximize your benefits by purchasing the best collagen peptide protein powder. What we are going to do now is take a closer look at the different types of collagen supplements. Knowing how each one is made and the benefits that each type is designed for can help you to select the perfect supplement for your health and beauty goals.
Three Types of Collagen
When you are shopping through the many collagen supplements, you will find that nearly all of them fall into one of the following three categories:
- Gelatin supplement – Gelatin is collagen that has been partially hydrolyzed. The result is a gel that can be dissolved in hot water. You may have used gelatin to make desserts. If so, you are familiar with this process of activating the gelatin. The peptides in gelatin have not been completely broken down. This will make them more difficult for your body to digest and could potentially lead to water retention and bloating. As a result, gelatin is not the ideal way to get more collagen, even though it contains the same peptides and amino acids.
- Unhydrolyzed collagen supplements – This is not really viable as a supplement. It is the kind of collagen you want in your body, sure. It is the strongest form of the protein. However, it is virtually impossible for the body to absorb it. Therefore, while this is the end goal of the collagen you take, it is not the form you want in your supplement.
- Hydrolyzed collagen supplements – This is the most popular form of collagen supplement, and for good reason. The protein has been broken down into its most bioavailable form. Therefore, you get the building blocks that your body needs to develop strong protein chains, but in a format that you can readily absorb.
The short version is that you should be looking for one specific type of collagen supplement and that is hydrolyzed collagen protein.
What to Look Out for in Collagen Supplements
So if the supplement is hydrolyzed, and you are getting the collagen peptide protein powder in an easy to absorb fashion, all supplements are the same, right? Here are a few things to watch out for:
- Make sure there is beef collagen in the mix – Cows are going to have more of the amino acids your body needs, so make sure there is some bovine collagen. The other alternative is to find a multi-collagen source that provides a wide array of amino acids from cattle and other animals. Even eggshells contain valuable peptides.
- The animals should be grass-fed (or wild caught if there is fish protein) – First of all, this means that the animals are being treated better. However, it also will result in a better supplement because healthy animals have superior collagen.
- Look for supplements with no additives – You want a pure collagen protein powder, not one that is filled with sweeteners, soy produces, binders, artificial colors, and other additives. Those things actually work against collagen in the body, so not only are you getting less of the good stuff but you are also enjoying fewer benefits.
The Best Collagen Peptide Protein Powders
Warrior Strong Wellness produces two superior collagen protein powders:
- Pure-Hydrolyzed Multi-Collagen Protein Powder – All the animals that collagen is derived from are either grass-fed or wild caught. Collagen is sourced from multiple animals to get you a wide variety of amino acids, including grass-fed beef for the amino acids that you need from cattle. This hydrolyzed collagen is easy for your body to use, and there are no harmful preservatives. Additionally, the collagen powder is gluten and soy free, non-GMO, and is made in the USA. These collagen peptide protein powder dissolve in both hot and cold liquids, so the supplement can be used in your daily protein shake, a smoothie, or even a glass of water. It is perfect for digestive health, immune support, skin health, bone and joint health, hair and nail repair, and muscle building.
- Collagen Peptides and Bone Broth – The bone broth and collagen peptide protein powder is derived from grass-fed cattle to give you a boost of the most important amino acids. This gives your body the building blocks for the proteins you need. It is a non-GMO, gluten-free, and additive-free formula, so you get all the good stuff your body needs without any fillers. It is designed to improve the health of your nails, skin, and hair as well as formulated for muscle building. You can dissolve it in hot or cold liquids and even use it for baking.
Additionally, when you shop with Warrior Strong Wellness, you are also helping to support childhood cancer research because we donate a portion of our proceeds to the St. Baldrick’s Foundation. So what are you waiting for? You’ve found the best collagen peptide protein powders, and you give back to the community at the same time. It’s a win-win for you and the kids.