Everyone wants to look and feel their best. Maybe you regularly set New Year’s resolutions in the 2010s with those goals in mind but failed to reach them as of yet. How can you start 2020 off the right way? Here are the top 5 healthy New Year’s resolutions for 2020 and some tips to help you stick to your goals this year.
#1. Eat Healthier
One of the best things you can do for your health in 2020 is to eat right. First of all, that means cutting out junk. Fast food, foods that are high in sugar or artificial sweeteners, and anything else that is overly processed needs to be on the no-no list for 2020. On the other hand, you want more fresh and raw foods. From nuts and seeds to fruits and veggies, eating a healthier diet can help you to reach your health and wellness goals.
# 2. Lose Weight
You’re going to notice that a few of our goals go hand in hand. Eating healthier is definitely critical when it comes to losing weight. Self-control is also a must. One of the main issues we face when it comes to losing weight is the American culture of going out to eat.
When you eat at home, it can be easy to prepare tasty food that fills you up without an astronomical amount of calories. When you go to a restaurant, you can be drinking those free refills on soda, not even thinking about the fact that there are more than 300 calories in each glass. That’s besides entrees that are very often upwards of 1,000 calories. And who goes out with family or friends and doesn’t order at least one appetizer or dessert for the table to share?
Eating more meals at home and preparing healthier foods can help jumpstart your weight loss in 2020. Our next resolution will provide you with another essential weight loss boost.
#3. Get More Exercise
Exercise is one of the most important things you can do for your body, whether you are trying to lose weight or just maintain your existing figure. While cardio and weight training are both critical, don’t underestimate the value of being active daily, even if it does not involve exercise activities. Taking the stairs to your office at work, going to the store and shopping around rather than having food delivered, and doing yard work instead of hiring someone else can all help you maintain regular daily activity.
There are more ways than ever to get daily exercise. You can join a gym, download a fitness app, or take a walk at a local park every day. Whatever it is that you decide to do, be sure to stay regular. Don’t overexert yourself. It’s tough to maintain a regular schedule of exercise if you wake up sore every day. Teaming up with a buddy is always a good idea so that you can keep each other motivated.
#4. Quit Smoking
It would be tough to argue with smoking being the number one worst thing you can do for your health. From conventional cigarettes to vaping, the damage being done to your body is well-documented. Consider just a few of the adverse effects of smoking:
- Poor circulation – Smoking negatively impacts your circulation. This can affect your brain function, breathing, and even how your body heals.
- Immune system effects – Smoking inhibits the immune system by constricting the blood vessels. As a result, your body struggles to get the oxygen and immune cells that it needs in various parts of the body. It can make it more challenging to recover from injuries or to fight off illness.
- Lung damage – Breathing in smoke causes irreparable lung damage that only grows worse over time as you smoke more. The results can be chronic bouts of bronchitis as well as more chronic issues like emphysema. Also, almost every case of lung cancer can be traced back to cigarettes, according to the CDC.
#5. Cope with Stress Better
Stress is another one of the worst things for your health, but you can’t eliminate all stress from your life, so the key is to cope with it better. How? For many years, we have received encouragement to know when to take a break, to do mindful meditation on positive things, take up a hobby, enjoy a massage, and the like. However, it is also essential to make some overall lifestyle changes that reduce stress in general.
For example, learning to forgive others from your heart (even those who may not deserve it) is vital to your overall sense of well-being. Make 2020 the year you finally stop carrying around anxiety due to the actions of others that you can’t control.
The Right Supplements to Help on Your 2020 Health and Wellness Journey
Warrior Strong Wellness has the right supplements to help you along on your health and well-being journey in 2020. For example, you can try some of these supplements to help reach your goals:
- To cope with stress: Try our pure organic ashwagandha max and warrior mind focus superfood supplement.
- For an immune system boost: Try our Boost Your Immunity bundle.
- To compliment your new gym routine: Try our Protein Power Pack. It even comes with a frother!
- For your new healthy diet: Try our Anti-Inflammatory bundle.
These are just a few of the ways Warrior Strong Wellness is helping you to take control of your health in 2020.