If leaky gut syndrome sounds like a nightmare to you, wait until you hear what it actually means. Leaky gut can be responsible for all sorts of health problems, and there is a simple reason for that. We rely on our digestive tract for good health. Everything from nutrition to immune health starts in the gut. Understanding what leaky gut syndrome is will help you to understand why. Then we will tell you how to heal leaky gut naturally.
Leaky Gut Syndrome – What Is It?
Specialized cells in the intestines control what continues on through your intestines and eventually ends up in the sewer and what is allowed to pass into your bloodstream. It’s a good thing your gut always gets it right. That allows nutrients to be absorbed into the blood through the intestinal walls and ensures that nasty toxins exit through the excretory system.
Except when those epithelial cells don’t do their job right.
That’s what leaky gut syndrome is in a nutshell. You may not be getting all of the nutrients you need from food or supplements because your gateway is blocking the wrong materials. At the same time, toxins are getting a free pass right into the bloodstream and wreaking havoc all throughout the body. How does it happen?
What Causes Leaky Gut Syndrome?
While researchers can’t be 100% certain, there are a few things that they believe are responsible for the onset of leaky gut.
- Your genes – For example, you may have inherited a sensitivity to gluten. Now, when you eat it, it triggers an autoimmune response. And that’s just one way that genetics can be responsible.
- Your diet – In the US, in particular, we eat a lot of things that can be harmful to the gut. Years of highly processed foods, fast food, synthetic additives, pesticides, tons of refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, and genetically modified foods can cause inflammation and lead to leaky gut.
- Chronic stress – It’s tough to exaggerate the effects that stress has on the body long-term. It triggers or is responsible for almost every chronic condition you can think of.
- Toxins – Drug and alcohol abuse, smoking, medication overuse, pesticides, chemicals in tap water, and many other toxins can lead to leaky gut.
So how can you know if you are suffering from leaky gut syndrome?
Top Leaky Gut Symptoms
While there are many symptoms associated with leaky gut, here are some of the most common ones:
- Nutritional deficiencies – Do you eat a healthy diet and even take supplements but find that you still have nutritional deficiencies when your doctor performs a routine blood test? Leaky gut can be to blame. You’re ingesting the nutrients, just not absorbing them properly.
- Food allergies – Food allergies and sensitivities may also stem from a leaky gut. With all the toxins that are leaking into the bloodstream, the body is sending a steady flow of antigens to the gut. Unfortunately, in this state, many foods start to look like invaders (especially dairy and gluten).
- IBD – Don’t confuse inflammatory bowel disease with inflammatory bowel syndrome (IBS). While leaky gut can cause either, IBD is far more dangerous. IBD includes diseases like Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.
- Autoimmune conditions – A person with leaky gut is far more likely to suffer from a systemic autoimmune condition such as MS, lupus, Hashimoto’s, or celiac disease.
- Mood disorders – Depression and anxiety are also commonly associated conditions. Whether it is due to the toxins that get into the bloodstream or the nutrients that fail to make it there, mood issues and even autism may be related to leaky gut syndrome.
So what if everything here sounds like you? Is there anything you can do to help heal leaky gut? Since this condition is a medical mystery to most doctors, who are not taught about leaky gut syndrome in school, you have to take matters into your hands and find natural solutions. Here are a few tips.
Naturally Healing Leaky Gut Syndrome
There are a few things that you can do to counteract the effects of leaky gut syndrome. The first is that you need to remove anything from your diet or lifestyle that is contributing to the damage. That means breaking bad habits like drug and alcohol abuse, smoking, and overuse of medications. It also means eating a healthy diet and avoiding foods that you are allergic or sensitive to.
Once you’ve got the bad out of the way, you need to start repairing the damage. One of the best things that you can do for leaky gut syndrome is to take bone broth collagen. Why is this the case?
Bone broth is one of the best ways to get collagen naturally. Collagen is the most common type of protein in the body, and it is necessary for building the tissue that lines the intestines. Since your body makes less collagen as you age, a supplement is a great way to make sure that you have what you need to make repairs, and bone broth is the best way to get collagen naturally.
Warrior Strong Wellness is proud to be able to help you on your wellness journey with our Collagen Peptides & Bone Broth superfood protein. The bone broth is derived from grass-fed cattle to ensure that you get the amino acids you need in a way that is easy for the body to assimilate. Our gluten-free and non-GMO formula is just what you need to get on the path to recovery!