If you are trying to live your best life in 2019, we’ve got a list you have to read. These are the top supplements for women’s self-care. Learn how bone broth, collagen, ashwagandha, and other superfoods can help with everything from wrinkle reduction to stress relief.
Women’s Self-Care with Bone Broth
When shopping for the perfect bone broth, be sure to find one that is made from grass-fed bovine collagen. Cattle have two of the best types of collagen proteins for your body. Consider some of the women's self-care benefits of bone broth:
- Healthy skin – The predominant protein in your skin is collagen. Unfortunately, the body makes less collagen as we get older and by our mid-20s we’re using more than we’re making. The result is that the skin becomes less elastic and doesn’t hold moisture as well. This leads to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines as well as dry skin and sun damage. Supplementing with collagen helps the body to heal the skin and keeps further damage from occurring.
- Healthy hair and nails – Collagen is also an important protein for hair and nails. It can help to reduce breakage so you can grow the healthy hair and nails you’ve always wanted.
- Healthy joints – Your cartilage, tendons, and ligaments are also made from collagen. This makes a collagen supplement a key element in joint health. This grows increasingly important for women self-care approaching mid-life.
- Lean muscle formation – Bone broth isn’t a weight-loss supplement, but it may help you to form lean muscle if you combine it with a good exercise routine.
Multi-Collagen Supplements for Even More Benefits
Bovine bone broth collagen is important for women’s health, but a multi-collagen supplement sourced from chicken, fish, and eggshells can offer even further benefits than just joint and skin health. You still get all of the support noted above, but in addition, these are some other benefits:
- Increased energy levels – Besides just improving metabolism, collagen can also boost energy levels. It might just be the boost you need to spring out of bed in the morning instead of crawling out to start your day.
- Decreased pain levels – From osteoarthritis to pain due to injury, collagen can help your body to heal and that results in less pain. We can’t promise you’ll be pain-free due to collagen, but it will give your body the building blocks it needs for healing.
- Gut health – From food allergies to irritable bowel disease, there can be a lot of terrible effects from leaky gut syndrome. Collagen can help your intestines to heal so that you absorb the right nutrients and keep those toxins from leaching into your bloodstream.
- Pregnancy benefits – Type V collagen helps to form the placenta that feeds an unborn child, so this is an important supplement for those trying to get pregnant or who are recently pregnant.
- Wound healing – Besides just helping the skin to maintain its elasticity, collagen call also help wounds to heal because it provides the basic building blocks that the body needs to produce more skin cells.
Ashwagandha – The Perfect Supplement for Women's Self-Care
Ashwagandha has been used for ages in Indian medicine, but it is becoming more mainstream in natural medicine in the US as we learn about the benefits. Here are some of the ways that ashwagandha is the self-care supplement that women need:
- Thyroid function – Thyroid problems are common for women. In studies, ashwagandha has helped to boost thyroid function to the point that you should ask your doctor first if you are already on thyroid medication, so you don’t go too far in the other direction.
- Adrenal support – Adrenal fatigue is increasingly common, and ashwagandha can provide the support you need.
- Stress relief – Whether it is family or work-related stress, ashwagandha can help you to avoid the overabundance of cortisol, the hormone that the body produces to cope with stress.
- Immune system boost – Especially if you are a mom, you can’t afford to get sick, so you need your immune system to function optimally.
- Regulates blood sugar – In animal studies, ashwagandha has helped regulate blood sugar levels.
The Importance of Focus Supplements for Women's Self-Care
Ashwagandha is just one component of dealing with stress – coping with the elevated cortisol levels. The other downside to stress is the fact that it can affect focus and memory. That’s why you need the help of a focus support supplement. A good supplement will include things like:
- B vitamins – These help the brain to function optimally so you can mentally cope with stress.
- Huperzine A – This is an herbal supplement that helps with focus.
- Ginko Biloba – This herb helps with memory.
The Right Supplements for Women’s Self-Care All in One Place
At Warrior Strong Wellness, we have the supplements you need to look and feel your best all while coping with stressful situations at work and at home. Try our Collagen Peptides & Bone Broth for the beauty benefits or to heal leaky gut. Use our Multi-Collagen Protein Powder to gain more energy, lean muscle, and to support your pregnancy. Try our Pure Organic Ashwagandha to control cortisol levels and support your thyroid and adrenals. Feel good about your purchase knowing that part of our proceeds goes toward childhood cancer research.